Isn't She Cute?

Monday, May 30, 2005

Rs_p2

I was a Busy Olive this weekend. It was a weekend of charting and simple maths and a cheery sock that makes my heart sing.

Still with me? Did anyone puke?

Seriously, though...isn't she cute?

I love my little anklet sock. And, the Regia is unbelievably soft. SO soft. There is only the subtlest difference between it and the Lana Grossa (the LG still being the softest).

And, for the anklet, I deviated a little from my typical cuff. I kept the stockinette curl, used a 2x2 rib instead of my 1x1 for only four rows instead of ten and I added a little garter stitch band. So far, I like the way it looks. I have VERY skinny ankles, so I need a little something to balance things out with a sock this short (I'm usually a sock scruncher with longer socks for this reason).

I've cast on for the second one already.

Rs_p2x1

I'm hoping to have enough left over for another pair. If only I had a nifty scale with which to weigh everything so as to be sure...hmmm....

I also managed to work out the Cool Cagoule Issue this weekend, but I don't have the energy right now for a lengthy post, so the Surf Sock will have to do. But stay tuned because there is Bitching And Triumph to report!

And who doesn't love a good Bitching And Triumph combo? (That was rhetorical for you smartasses out there. Hehe.).

5 comments:

grumperina said...

No, no, you got it all wrong. Don't wish for a nifty scale to see if you have enough yarn for a second one, that will just perpetuate more posts in the "worrisome behavior" category. Instead, just eyeball it and go with the flow, I hear that's what "real knitters" do :).

Johanna said...

...or bring it to Knitsmiths some Sunday and I'll bring my scale and then you'll know for sure! (Only problem with that is I'm out of town for almost every Sunday in June, but you weren't planning on casting on for the second pair right away, were you?)

Colleen said...

Man, I am loving those colors!

tammy said...

Dang, that is one sexy sock. You couldn't possibly be sad with something like that on yer feets. I can't knit for beans, so my hat's off to ya.

Or maybe I should say my sock's off to ya. Is that lewd? ;o)

Kristin said...

Fabulous. Just fabulous! I love it. And, please remember that Bitching followed by Triumph makes the world go round....

Hey, as an aside, I'm finishing up my very first ribbed swatch, so look out...I'm feeling the urge to start a project!

Post a Comment