Achy Face

Friday, May 20, 2005

Cc_front_p3

The front piece of Cool Cagoule is finally finished. I must say, the pocket was the highlight. I've never actually done a pocket before, so I had a lot of fun experiencing the construction. The best part was knitting in the flap.

Of course, the whole thing has yet to be blocked and the pocket needs to be sewn, but I think you get the idea.

Here's a close-up:

Cc_front_p3x1

Next up are the sleeves. I've only done one repeat of the pattern so far and I have to say, I'm not understanding how this will all flesh out. I thought it would be more like the cables on the pocket front. But, as with other repeats, I guess I need to give it a few more turns before I can really see what's going on.

Cc_sleeve1_p1

----

In other news, I accompanied my friend Kristin last night to a local yarn mart to pick up some starter supplies. I can't tell you how excited it makes me when my peeps express an interest in The Knitting Arts. Hehe. I get SO excited that I need to consciously control my excitement for fear of turning them off to knitting forever.

But it's SO hard!

----

Oh, and I'm already planning another project out of necessity (yeah, right!). The Lucy Bag is my next conquest -- my first felted project.

Here's what I plan to use:

Cascadequatro

Isn't it pretty?

It's Cascade Quatro. Does anyone have any experience with this stuff for felting? I know Cascade 220 is great, but haven't heard anything about this stuff.

Anyway, the Lucy Bag is amazing. I've seen a few already in my Knitting Clinic and I fall in love with it every time. My plan is to make it my knitting bag for work.

That's about it. I must go soothe my achy face now with some peppermint tea. Sinus issues are no fun.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Scare me off? Never! I've got to have something to pour my creative energy into. :)

Leisel said...

I've felted with Quattro before... it works really well. It only took one trip through the hot/cold cycle of the washer, whereas my Noro bag took 3 trips.

Here's a link to the posts on the bag I did with the Quattro, in case seeing a completed project helps:

http://sagebrush.typepad.com/knotagain/project_sophie_for_me/index.html

Kristen said...

love cascade quatro, and though I've never felted with it I have seen many successful felted objects made with it! The colors blend together and look great. (I think one of my attempts at a sweater with quatro will instead be turned into felted bags; I look forward to seeing how yours turns out!)

Post a Comment