34 Rows Left!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005



Just 34 rows left!

This is what it's come to: A Father's Day Finished Sock Countdown.

I've now started knitting to support the blog as opposed to blogging to support the knitting! I'm getting sick of posting progress shots of a sock -- especially since, by the second sock, they all start to look alike. However, since I'm working in bits on about three projects, instead of focusing my efforts on one, there isn't much of a difference on the other stuff either. So, I find myself trying to finish sections each time in order to have good blog content for the next day, and this is not good. Not good, people! But, it has made me aware that I'm not getting much satisfaction from knitting on all of these projects at once. So, I've decided to focus on each one until it is finished before moving on to the next.

So, I made the Father's Day Socks my main focus because tonight -- assuming I can finish them before then -- I can steam them at my Knitting Clinic. I know some of you think this is very "fancy" (you know who you are!) but it's such a nice thing to do when gifting a pair of socks to someone.

And, I am ALL ABOUT presentation.

So I'll be knitting these during lunch and finshing them during the Knitting Clinic.

And then, THEN I can focus my efforts again on ONE project so as to actually feel good and motivated and like I'm making progress on these things, since I'm boring even myself.

I think this method of working (a bit here, a bit there) was ok when I had all sorts of free time because I could devote large blocks to each project, but now that work has been injected into the mix, I think a new approach is in order. ;-)

I'm also planning some new things for the blog. So bear with me peeps...

And, did I mention HOW UNBEARABLY HOT IS!? NO?

Well, it is. :-)

3 comments:

Dani said...

Looove the socks! I think your posting is wonderful, no need to feel bad about ANYTHING! You take such beautiful pictures too :)

Its starting to cool off here... It is storming out side a bit! yay!

grumperina said...

I think it's perfectly fine to post little bits of progress - we love all the pictures, no matter how similar they look to the ones in the previous entry :). I'm with you on being busy and juggling a number of projects - all of them end up moving at a snail's pace. Good luck on finishing these socks in time for the fancy steaming!

Purly Whites said...

Love the socks! I hope your Dad is appropriately thrilled.

Post a Comment