Blame It On The Heat

Wednesday, June 15, 2005



They're finished.

I was right down to the wire on these. It was 8:23 pm at the Knitting Clinic when I handed them over for steaming. Phew!

Interestingly, they softened up quite a bit after a simple steaming. So, I'm holding out hope that they'll soften up a bit more after a washing.

We'll see.

Now all I need is a tie box and some other goodies and I'm set!

Of course, I can't be content with just plowing ahead on my Cool Cagoule sleeves. I'm all about the socks this summer and I'm already planning some sock designs. I can't help it. Somehow, I've lost steam on Cool Cagoule -- which is sad, really, because I am SO CLOSE. It just seems like those sleeves will take forever and I'd really like to start working on the Subway Sweater so I can wear it to work at some point. And, it would also be nice if I could work in a tank or two before the Summer is over. In the back of my mind, I know I won't get much mileage out of Cool Cagoule until Fall and it's probably affecting my interest.

I'm fickle. What can I say?

But, I won't stop working on it. However, it will have to be a project I consider on-going.

Granny claims to not be interested in her socks until the Fall, although she is really loving them. She had been bothering me to finish them until the heat wave this past weekend, but after the sweltering weather, I don't think she can imagine wearing socks for a while. Hehehe. So, there's no time-pressure on the IK Padded Footlets anymore -- although, I do crave them and will probably continue, despite their snail's-pace pattern.

So my main focus will be some sock designs and re-working the Subway Sweater pattern. And, of course, I am weak and will most likely be lured toward some other project (I actually already have one in mind).

I think my lack of satisfaction with my knitting -- which I described in yesterday's post -- may have more to do with the fact that the projects I was working on were either; 1) not for me, or, 2) not things I could reasonably wear anytime soon. And, for me, that's all part of the excitement.

Let's face it. I was a crazy woman to actually think I could restrict myself to knitting on just one project at a time. Let's just forget about what I said yesterday and blame it on the heat. ;-)

8 comments:

Colleen said...

They look great. Your dad will be thrilled.

Dani said...

Love the socks! They are going to be great for your dad :)

I have no doubt you will find tons of beautiful projects and will be all wrapped up in it again!

the country girl said...

Oh the socks are lovely!!!!!!!!!!! You did a fantastic job! Lucky lucky recipient I say!

Kathy said...

The socks will make a most excellent father's day gift. Great!

melanie said...

reat job! Your dad will be so proud and pleased!

Liz said...

*whew* it is hot, isn't it? I'm glad to hear you're not packing up and leaving us or anything crazy like that. ;)

Love the socks! I'm sure they'll soften up more with washing.

Stay cool!

Barbara said...

I love those socks - very soon I will venture into sock-knitting. I noticed you did it with 2 circular's instead of 5 dpn's. I have never knitted with dpn,s and yesterday I gave it a try - no instructions in sight at that time. It was no success!!!

Like your blog.

alison said...

Those are some gorgeous socks! Gotta remember to pick up some of that Meilenweit when I see it next!

Post a Comment