She's Sneaky And She Steals Apples

Thursday, June 9, 2005



Meet Ginger.

She is PISSED.

It took about a week or so for her to get over the trauma of being photographed. Hehehe.

Sadly, I'm not her Human. My friends Dan and Karen -- who are blogless, otherwise I'd link them -- are her Humans. And, let me tell you, she is HIGH maintenance! But very loveable. Hehe.

As you might've guessed, there is still no established posting/photographing method, which is why Ginger is filling in for today (she's fiber-based, just not all spun and dyed). However, I just found out that we get these 15 min. breaks at 10am and 3pm at work (a RI thing and a remnant of an old factory/mill town mentality-- but I am SO not complaining!), and I also found a GREAT spot out of the sun to photograph my knitted goodies. So...

For now, however, Ginger and my word will have to do.

The Father's Day Socks chug along on schedule. I finished the first one and promptly cast on for the second.

I also made some progress on the IK Padded Footlet. The gusset decreases are VERY slow-moving. The decreases only happen once every fourth row. Between that, the lace pattern and the finicky (Hey Kathy, new word!) back-and-forth of the sole stitches with it's slips and double-knits and dropping of the strands only to pick them up again at different spots...I don't think these will be done anytime soon.

I have to say, though, I love the tiny dpns and the Rowan 4-ply Soft. And, I even love the lace pattern. I thought I hated lace after my experiment with Rowan Kidsilk. But, that was mainly because it was impossible to knit with the Addis and I just don't think lace weight is for me. Now, a lace pattern in this gauge is WAY better and quite enjoyable.

I also managed a few rows on the Cool Cagoule cabled sleeve.

It's all bits-and-pieces knitting until I get a large block of time again (hopefully this weekend and next week).

So, stay tuned. Hopefully, I'll be able to post some pics today. In the meantime, enjoy Ginger The Cutie Pie. She's sneaky and steals apples. Hehehe.

7 comments:

Johanna said...

Ginger is awesome! I would love to have one or a pair some day! They take up a bit more room than the gerbils' cage does though, so it will have to wait for a larger home! Thanks for the picture, it's as good as any sock in my book.

Colleen said...

Yeah, she's pretty darn cute.

Judy said...

she might borrow apples, but I'm quite sure she knows nothing of theft.

Dani said...

Oh Ginger is cute! A lady in my office has a hampster here and its very cute. It bites you though and hates to be picked up...

You are such a quick sock knitter! How do you do it?

grumperina said...

Finicky, that's a good one! When I was incorporating that pattern into grandma's socks, I was still decreasing every other row as I'm used to. Eh, knowing that it's every fourth row makes this pattern even more of a PITA.

That furry one would make a great sweater. Soft and fuzzy and smelling like apples! You know, I've never fed my hamsters apples, I bet they'd love them! (I don't feed them apples because I don't eat apples and so I never have them in the house!)

Diana said...

Love the little piggy! When my kids were young we had little piggies, and I do miss them from time to time! Knit on!

Cassie said...

Ginger is adorable. And yes, she does look quite pissed.

And KSH and Addis are a recipe for frustration. Don't give up on laceweight just because of that experience.

Post a Comment